Friday, June 26, 2015

Welcome Back - I've Missed You.

I, for some odd reason, checked this old blog and it's been 4 years since my last post.  Where have I been?  Retired mostly and doing absolutely nothing, at least in the way of writeful thought.  Since 2011 none of my thoughts on the Supreme Court have changed apparently.  Unfortunately today's culture encourages 140 words or less.  I used to rattle off whole paragraphs with nary a pause in keystrokes yet now to write more than one or two sentences is a struggle. 

So then:
 The Supreme Court ruled in favor of the validity of the Affordable Care Act yesterday and again today in favor of same sex marriage.  I picture Antonin Scalia rolling around on his velour chaise lounge all tangled up in his XXL black robe writhing with bulging eyes in conservative agony.  His hard right fearful cheerleaders so upset that 6.5 million red state residents will continue to be able to afford health insurance and/or be able to marry whomever they love.  And I smile a really huge smile.

Why do people call anyone who looks mid-eastern a terrorist if they kill anyone and they call white people who massacre many just mentally ill?

Why does a racist hate crime cause a national discussion about flags and no one wants to discuss racism?

Why did Fox news spend 30 minutes talking about Bengazi, Bill Clinton's affair and how untrustworthy Hillary is while everyone else is talking about the Supreme Court's decision on same sex marriage today?  (I switched to Fox earlier just to see what they were saying about the ruling.)  It was a show with four women, in tight short dresses and 4 inch heels, one lone male.  Outnumbered?

(This was exhausting....)




No comments:

Post a Comment